When you first get into wearing makeup, it can seem overwhelming. So to make it easier, I made a video on my the 5 eyeshadow brushes that I use the most, and the ones I consider are essential eyeshadow brushes! Hope this is helpful! 🙂
- If you’re just starting out, this will be one of the first brushes you own. Great for packing on eyeshadow on your eyelid, running eyeshadow underneath you lower lash line, and applying a brow bone highlight. These are one of the most inexpensive brushes and pretty much every brand makes them.
- Angled Liner Brushes, for me, have several purposes. You can use them to fill in your eyebrows to make them look crisp and defined, you can use them to line your eyes (obviously haha), concealing underneath your eyebrow to get a really clean edge, and you can line your lips with it if you’re wearing a bright color (I demonstrate how to do this in the video!).
- This is one of my favorite domed blending brush because of the size. It’s large enough and not too dense so it blends out colors nicely in the crease, but it’s not too large and too sparse where it overwhelms my eye area.
- Its great for softening any harsh lines, applying concealer on pimples or under your eyes, applying setting powder in certain places like on top of your concealer, and applying highlight on the tops of the cheeks and on the bridge of the nose.
- This brush gets a lot of attention because it’s similar to MAC’s famous 217 blending brush. The nice thing about this brush is that it’s wayyyy cheaper! Although, I will say it’s definitely not as soft as the 217.
- This brush does an excellent job of applying color right into the crease and defining the crease, applying eyeshadow on the outer “v” area of the eye, running eyeshadow underneath the lower lash line, applying and blending out cream eyeshadow, and applying a wash of color on the lid.
- It’s also good for applying concealer onto targeted areas like pimples or scars, but I’d say the domed brush above does a nicer job of applying concealer underneath the eyes.
- I use this brush pretty much anytime I apply color to the outer “v” of my eye. It just takes the guess work out and makes it really simple.
- I also love this brush for smudging out eyeliner, applying my brow bone highlight, applying color into the inner tear duct area of my eye, and applying eyeshadow underneath my lower lash line.
So these are my top 5 essential / must have eyeshadow makeup brushes! I use all of these pretty much everyday, and if you’re just starting out, I’d recommend these brushes as a starter kit. They’re also super inexpensive too.. you can purchase all of these brushes for under $15 (not including shipping!)! (Click on the title of each brush for a direct link to where you can buy them!) Let me know what you guys think and if you’d like to see a similar type of post/video for face brushes! Be sure to follow this blog, and subscribe to my Youtube Channel, The Beauty Breakdown, for my great videos and tips like this!